Have you ever looked at Craigslist’s styles and wondered how a site that looks unchanged can be so successful? Just because their minimalistic approach to web design appears to be from years past, don’t be fooled into thinking that they aren’t constantly improving the experience for both the buyers and the sellers on their site. If you take a closer look, the amount of improvements over the past couple years are vast in numbers and also in how they improve the lives of users everywhere.
Here’s A List Of The Most Recent Features That Have Been Added For Buyers:
- Hide Ads – Sick Of Seeing A Car? Click The X And Hide It
- Favorite Ads – Want To Remember A Car? Click The Star And Add It To Your Favorites To Follow Up On
- Maps Of Vehicles Close To You, By Address, Dealership – Want To See All Vehicles Close To Home To Start Your Search? Use The Map
- Search By Specific Fields In Each Category – Want To Limit By Transmission, Price, Color, Etc? Use The eBay-Like Filters
- Scroll Through Images On Gallery View – Quickly Flip Through All Photos On The Gallery View Without Opening The Ad
- Email Alerts – Like Your Search For That Classic Car? Setup An Email Alert To Notify You Of New Items
- Save Searches – Want To Remember The Search For Later? Save It
- Printable Flyers With Contact Info, QR Codes, All Photos Of Vehicles – Going To See A Vehicle And Want To Remember The Ad? Print View Works Like A Brochure With Photos, Contact Info And Even A Map!
- Search Nearby Areas – Looking For Something Obscure? The Search Nearby Areas Option (Or Auto-Suggested Nearby Items) Will Help You Find More Specific Things
Here’s A List Of The Strongest Recent Features For Sellers:
- Show My Other Listings — Maps Your Dealership, Shows All Inventory In One Place
- More Required Fields — Direct Buyers To Your Specific Vehicles And Get Better Qualified Leads
- Text, Email &Amp; Call CTAs — More Ways For Buyers To Reach You All Available From The Reply Button And On The Printed Flyer
- “Search Nearby Areas” — Bring In Buyers From Surrounding Areas Without Having To Post Multiple Times.
On the surface, things may look the same, but there is a resaon that craigslist is still one of the top classified portals on the web. Keep your eyes peeled! We expect many more great changes to come from Craigslist in the near future.